Position: Mission Mobilizer
Location: Eastern Canada Office
Project #: C0135
Biography: Philip loves Jesus, his family, and the Church. For the last 16 years, he has been working for MB Mission. He and Robyn have been developing discipleship training mission programs across North America and calling out new mission workers into placements worldwide. Philip's family has made WMB their church home once again these last 5 years. Philip is happiest with either a piano or chainsaw in his hands, and is eager to put this same passion into WMB.
Vision: "He shall have dominion from sea to sea, from the river to the ends of the earth" (Ps 72:8). More than anything this scripture has captured what the Lord God has been saying to me these last two years. Our vision is to cultivate a passion for global mission in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes and mobilize people, prayer and resources out of the 'river' into global opportunities.
Children: Reneé, Fiona, James, Christian
Home Church: Waterloo MB
Schedule: Our year can be understood in three distinct seasons: Fall, Winter & Summer.
Fall (September - December): Regional Mobilization
Speaking in churches, youth and young adult gatherings. Consulting with pastors and mission leaders. Sharing vision and calling the whole church to engage more deeply in global mission.
Winter (January - April): International Development
Here I am involved in either taking or sending missional leaders to connect with their missionaries or explore new global initiatives that their congregations can invest in. It is also a season to develop summer short-term mission opportunities either in person or by email etc.
Summer (May - August): Program
Summer is exciting and filled with short-term mission programs. Currently I am running a weekend intergenerational urban mission in Toronto and a two-week discipleship training and service program in Montreal. This year we are praying into mobilizing international teams and training them out of our Montreal base. Although programs happen during the summer, they require enormous year-long development in casting vision, developing staff teams and ministry opportunities.
- For grace in our marriage and wisdom in discipling our kids to know and trust Jesus.
- For a network of interns, partners and churches to be the relational base of our ministry.
- For new short and long term missionaries to be dispatched globally from our region.
- For Philip as he speaks in regional churches & mission events.
- For new young people to embrace mission in their own country.
- For new vision, missionaries, and funds to come out of our region to plant churches among the least reached worldwide.
- For a network of interns, churches, and financial partners to be the base of our ministry here in our home region.